High Recovery Rate Copper Flotation Plant
General introduction of flotation machine:
Froth flotation is a process for separating minerals from gangue by taking advantage of differences in their hydrophobicity. Hydrophobicity differences between valuable minerals and waste gangue are increased through the use of surfactants and wetting agents. The selective separation of the minerals makes processing complex (that is, mixed) ores economically feasible. The flotation process is used for the separation of a large range of sulfides, carbonates and oxides prior to further refinement. Phosphates and coal are also processed upgraded by flotation technology.
Main features of flotation machine:
1. The flotation machine consumes little amounts of energy while at the same time maintaining a high air-absorption rate capacity.
2. The machine is made up of individual cells which independently form a flotation separation loop without the need for any auxiliary equipment. Each of the cells is located horizontally to facilitate the easy change of flow.
3. They all are designed to carry out the following functions: Air absorption, slurry absorption and flotation separation.
4. The mineral slurry circulates at a reasonable rate and the disposition of coarse sand is largely avoided.
5. A self-control device is located on the surface of the mineral slurry facilitating easy adjustment of the level.
6. There are two types of vanes found in the impeller: Backward-inclined upper vanes and lower vanes, for upper and lower circulation of mineral slurry.
Working principle of flotation machine:
Mechanical cells of flotation machine use a large mixer and diffuser mechanism at the bottom of the mixing tank to introduce air and provide mixing action. Flotation columns use air spargers to introduce air at the bottom of a tall column while introducing slurry above. The countercurrent motion of the slurry flowing down and the air flowing up provides mixing action. Mechanical cells generally have a higher throughput rate, but produce material that is of lower quality, while flotation columns generally have a low throughput rate but produce higher quality material.
| Slot Volume(m 3 )||0.23||0.35||0.62||1.1||2.8||5.8|
(m 3 /min)
|Power(KW)||3/2 slots||3/2 slots||3||5.5||11||15|